Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Reflecting on Reflection

Lately, I have been doing a lot of work for my Master's degree in Educational Technology Leadership. I have been trying to stay on top of my Practicum Log (my record of my principal internship hours). It's basically this never-ending word document filled with reflections, and as I have been typing reflection after reflection, I found myself reflecting on the idea of reflection.

For me personally, reflection is a huge part of who I am. I keep a journal each year; I select a word of the year, and each year I go back and reflect on what worked, what didn't work, what I could improve, and so on. I naturally reflect on my own personal practices. I don't think everyone is wired that way, though. I wonder if this natural inclination to reflect and revise is what drew me to the liberal arts in my undergrad. It's probably the reason that I relive every stupid comment I've made for days or weeks on end. Can we over-reflect? Probably.

Reflection is important, as long as something good and productive comes from it. For me, I have to reflect, internalize my learning, and move on. If I get stuck in the reflective process, it can be a challenge to get out of cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Teacher Trick during Flu Season

This is a silly thing; in fact, I almost feel guilty calling it a tip. However, I really do feel like it's one of those easy things...